Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Monday, May 24, 2010
The album titled Peace by Suarabh Som is now available in stores and it includes the track Duniya and 7 other hit songs by the young rapper Saurabh Som who is creating quite a buzz worldwide.
Catch Saurabh Som on http://www.saurabhsom.com and http://www.woarecords.com
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Yaz Alexander is one of the UK's unsung reggae / jazz music heroines whose history in those genres spans over twenty years. A former backing vocalist for UK reggae luminaries such as Pato Banton and the iconic Steel Pulse, Yaz showcases her sultry and sophisticated vocal ability on this her third solo release. Unlike her previous two releases, Life Begins (2007) and Cry For Freedom (2009) which were both almost exclusively orthodox reggae, One Step Closer sees this beautiful songstress fuse other music genres e.g. R'n'B, Soul, Jazz, Dancehall, Hip Hop & Bhangra to create a unique sound which gives credence to the claim that Yaz Alexander is not just a reggae / jazz music singer, rather she is a singer per se.
Since her solo debut in 2007, Yaz Alexander has become a regular fixture on the vibrant summer festival circuits of Europe and the UK and indeed she has also taken her mesmeric stage show as far a field as North America and the Caribbean. In 2007, Yaz was commissioned by an heritage lottery funded project to write an ode to commemorate the bi-centenary of the abolition of the slave trade in Great Britain and the track that she penned, "Cry For Freedom" was subsequently used incidentally in an edition of BBC TV's award winning documentary, Panorama – an episode contemporized by the fact that the subject of the episode was the rise of the now British Prime Minister, David Cameron.
ABOUT W.O.A INTERNATIONAL
Formed in 1998 by World Music star Oliver Sean, W.O.A International is a global entertainment company that continues to lead the way when it comes to how music should be promoted. They are pioneering international music in India and Asia and are now synonymous with the region. Their enviable reputation at opening up new possibilities means that they are the go-to company for independent artists wishing a truly international presence.
For additional information, please contact:
Further details about W.O.A International is available at www.woarecords.com
Thursday, May 20, 2010
The May 2010 W.O.A Radio Playlist is now available as a podcast athttp://www.podcastrevolution.com/viewpodcast.php?pid=1305 be sure to download it and listen to some of the hottest W.O.A Releases of May from around the World including Australia, Venezuela, USA, Canada, UK etc... Its a HOT month for W.O.A International. All these tracks can be heard on major FM stations in India including AIR FM, MUST FM, MIRCHI, INDIGO and other top FM & Satellite stations around India.
- Rebecca Londei: Hot new artist in the International circuit to be released on major TV networks in June across all major music channels and currently on tour in the US and a highly requested artist on the US radio playlists.
- Richard Morgan: Jazz artist Richard Morgan's style of music, signing and performance is compared to Harry Connick Jr. & Michael Bubble. An artist burning up the Jazz charts he is now a featured artist on the W.O.A records Roster.
- Neil C Young: Neil's acoustic instrumental guitars is a force to reckon with in Europe and Australia and the artist is to have his song 'Stockton 3' featured on the world famous 'Goa Chillout Zone – vol 3' compilation CD which is expected to be out later this month. A winner of several awards in Australia and the UK, Neil's hot new album is to be available this month on W.O.A Records worldwide.
- Jahmings Maccow: LA Based reggae artist who is a fixture in the reggae music scene in America and Antigua. Jahmings has recently been signed to W.O.A International abnd is all set to take on the regae loving fans in India and Dubai in the coming year.
- SynchDub: Belgian Electro DJ who is one of W.O.A Records' most sought after artist for her fantastic chillout productions. Winner of various awards in Europe and recently featured on the Goa Chillout Zone Vol.2 Compilation that hit No.2 in the album charts.
- Cherie Nichole: Recently signed to W.O.A International – Cherie Nichole is a Singer, Model & Actress with several Hollywood projects under her belt. She is scheduled for a tour of India in the later part of 2010 and her music video is to hit music channels across this region in the next few months.
- Overhate: A W.O.A Records exclusive artist – Overhate is South America's most prolific Metal band with a fan following that spans continents. Their single from the God in a trench CD is a hot selling single on itunes and they are well on their way to be the new metal kings globally.
- Phoenix Rising: With their cinematic symphony like compositions and music that pulls at your heart strings - Phoenix Rising with their new single 'Unspoken' have taken their Piano Performance and Arrangement to another level that can only be described as a hair raising and deep feeling song without any words required. Curently being promoted via the W.O.A International network.
- Jesus Aaron: One of W.O.A Records' hottest selling artist for the past 3 years. Jesus Aaron has toured India in 2008 during the W.O.A Records India Tour and blew the crowds away who were gathered at the hard rock café's across India and at open air concerts with his similarity to Bob Dylan's singing and writing style while maintaining his own originality. This is Jesus's new single and to be part of his upcoming album to be released this year.
- Peter Bayreuther: Traditional World with hints of Celtic, Bavarian & Folk elements is what Peter's new single 'The Heart is my Compass' is all about. A light hearted song that would be a perfect fit into any World Music playlist. The song has generous helpings of Violins and Celtic background voices and instrumentation. A positive song that sends a strong message to the world.
The E+ Magazine Cover & Cover Story featuring Alt Rocker Oliver Sean - as published and on stands across the Middle East today the 20th of May 2010
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Saturday, May 15, 2010
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
W.O.A International's new signings for the first quarter of 2010 are to be introduced to the Independent music loving fans of India this month.
Panaji, Goa – May 15, 2010 - W.O.A International – The Music Company is known to sign on some of International Independent music's finest and groundbreaking artists giving it the position as the largest and most sought after International Independent Label in India. Few can come close to matching the elite list of artists that are signed to the W.O.A Artist Roster. This year this ambitious roster of artists is getting hotter and better with W.O.A Records signing on the US based Reggae up & coming artist Jahmings Maccow and Canada's Rap /Hip Hop prodigy Raydon as the new signings for the first quarter of 2010.
"The W.O.A Artist Roster is our pride here at W.O.A and artists who we believe are special and have a star quality get signed to this elite list of artists" says W.O.A International Marketing Director, Wanda Alvares, "The W.O.A Roster last year was known as the most sought after artist list in India & the Middle East, this year the W.O.A Artist roster is adding on amazing new and established artists which already boasts of our new signings Jahmings Maccow and Raydon in the first quarter. With Dubai and India being the new emerging markets for Independent stars our artists are all set to capture the hearts of fans in these areas. "
W.O.A International's new signing Jahmings Maccow is reggae music's most sought after artist in the US. He is taking reggae music back to its roots by focusing on its foundation which in his words is 'Storytelling'. "Stories about life, love and the social ills of the world, backed by soulful music is what my music is all about" says the reggae star, " I want my music to seep into the eardrums of the listener and touch their heart and soul". Jahmings rose from the quiet island of Anguilla, to the rough ghettos of South Bronx and was influenced from infancy by music coming from the Mississippi Delta and the Caribbean. After several successful bands in New York & Los Angeles he is finally concentrating on his songwriting, which has become more polished and personal all contributing to his rise in the reggae music scene.
W.O.A Internationals second signing for the first quarter of 2010 is Raydon. The new kid on the block in the Rap/Hip Hop/R&B scene in Canada who is all set to take on the world with his new single 'Gipsy Girl' that is expected to hit radio stations worldwide this month via the W.O.A Records monthly radio promotional campaign. "I think what is unique about my music is my ability to always create music that is truly composed to captivate my audience members across many genres" says the International Rapper, "my new single Gipsy Girl is testament to my approach of always keeping the audience interested in every part of the whole song"
Opening up the Indian & Dubai markets to Independent musicians worldwide has been one of the missions at W.O.A International along with creating a support network for fantastic International and local Independent artists. With a decade of working towards becoming India's largest International Independent Record Label, W.O.A International is now in the forefront of promoting International music in India with its various divisions that include W.O.A Records, W.O.A Studios, W.O.A Artist Management, W.O.A Events, W.O.A Publishing, W.O.A Radio and the newly set up W.O.A Films all under the W.O.A International Group of companies where each division is committed to support the Independent artist reach their goal in the music industry.
With over 200 artists signed to the W.O.A Artist Roster, W.O.A International – The Music Company is geared towards a very busy and fun filled year with new releases, concerts, festivals and grand tours planned for all of 2010 cross India & Dubai. Stay tuned to the Official W.O.A Records website for further information and latest updates on all W.O.A International artists.
ABOUT W.O.A INTERNATIONAL
W.O.A Records is an international record label, and it is part of the W.O.A International media group. Formed in 1998 by World Music star Oliver Sean, W.O.A International is a global entertainment company that continues to lead the way when it comes to how music should be promoted. They are pioneering international music in India and Asia and are now synonymous with the region. Their enviable reputation at opening up new possibilities means that they are the go-to company for independent artists wishing a truly international presence.
For additional information, please contact:
http://www.woainternational.com - The Music Company!
http://www.woarecords.com - Home To The World's Best Independent Artists.