Wednesday, June 08, 2011

‘Hottest International’ Artist Oliver Sean Releases New Single

INDIA WEST, California - June 07, 2011 - Oliver Sean, a Portuguese Goan/Italian singer/songwriter/producer who came into India’s limelight in 2002 with his self-produced debut English album “I Like It,” was named “India’s hottest international offering” by the British daily The Sun.

Sean is known for his unique blend of alternative rock with classical world instruments and Latin rhythms.

The Hindustan Times notes that Sean has also made it to Ravemusic magazine’s list of top 44 artists of the past five years; and that “I Like It” was nominated for AVMax’s “International album of the year” opposite John Mayer, Robbie Williams, Kylie Minogue and Third Eye Blind.

Sean has just released a new single, “So Good,” which has garnered 2.8 million downloads in one month.

“Now, I’ve zeroed in on my sound,” he told the Hindustan Times. “I call it Adult Contemporary Popular. I have a little bit of rock, the stage is like cabaret, add some world elements like tabla in it. But basically it’s just me slamming acoustic guitars. I’m doing songs which adults enjoy, and at the same time kids head-bang to it as it’s so much fun.”

Even though he works out of Dubai, Oliver has always called Goa home. A self-made star, Sean is also the founder of India’s largest international independent music company, W.O.A. International. “I have never wanted people to help me. If a label doesn’t like my music, so what, I will create my own freakin’ label. And that’s what I did! Now, W.O.A. Records is going places. We’ve opened the Indian market to around two hundred international artists,” he said. Copyright 2011 India-West Publications Inc


No comments: