Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A letter from Jesus Aaron - a W.O.A Artist.

irst it's odd to accuse other people of being cowards when you're not
even revealing who you are. I have personal letters from all the members
of Mana 3 saying they aren't writing this and conveying personally they
wouldn't say these types of things about me.

Now, you're forcing me to point something out here:
It may seem a scam to the individual because he has investments beyond
what he payed WOA directly: but do the math from their side. Which, by the
way, is what every intelligent being has to do when dealing with a
conflict. If you have any maturity at all you have to consider things from
the other side's point of view as well as your own.

I.What the artists gave WOA
-8 artists/bands x $850 which is what we each paid WOA though some paid
less I think we'll just assume everyone paid them this for this example =
$6,800
-Enhancement to the reputation of WOA by participating in the tour

II. What the artists were given by WOA includes:
-3 40 foot billboards promoting the show with your face on them (don't
know how much they cost in India, but it can't be cheap, I know in the
states you're looking at well over $6,800 right there)
-TV ads, with your face on them, I'm told running on quite a few channels,
and yes I did see one of them while randomly watching tv (on one of the
biggest movie channels in India). Do the math on those running 10 times a
day on several channels (probably for a week)
-I also personally saw mentions in about 7 or 8 newspapers, some of the
biggest in India. I know all the artists (even those that didn't stay on
the whole time saw mentions in 4 newspapers).
-Radio Interview on one of the biggest radio stations in India, Radio
Indigo promoting both yourself and your music and the tour.
-3, 4, and 5 Star hotel accomodation for approximately 3 weeks (regardless
of whether WOA paid or their sponsors paid it was provided for the
artists).
-While the 45 days aren't up yet, time will tell, every artist who has
maintained good relations with the management will likely get their $400
(I know Sparky got money early because of the theft of his personal
belongings).
-I just got back and must get in touch with them, but they've promised and
I think they will live up to it, to get pictures and video footage of all
the events I played in, which were well staffed and the stage setup was
professional.
-If you've ever run a tour (whether or not you think you can do it more
competently is irrelevant) the amount of time invested in organization of
all this and paying staff and whatever has to be huge.
-A good press conference at a nice hotel was also provided.
-Local TV interview and show about us aired on HCN (a small tv station)
-They also gave free breakfast every morning to 12 people. And probably
another odd 100 free meals in total. As well as quite a few free rides to
and from various press conferences, shows, and such.
-Also, they were able to get my music video on the biggest tv music
stations over there, and I've had independent fans confirm having seen
them in rotation.
-On top of this we all got the opportunity to play music in India and see
a lot of really inspiring things and meet a lot of cool people. WOA does
deserve some credit for this as well.

So... that's from their side (at least the visible costs they've spent).
Look at the Math. Are they making out like bandits here?

Now... that being said. We didn't get as much as the website alluded to
and I can understand why some of the artists are upset. To anyone
considering going on the tour be aware that as an individual you will have
to invest a lot more than you pay them directly. Whether or not that
amount is worth what you get out of it is for you to decide as a business
person. I was able to keep my expenses a good bit lower than many of the
bands, so, for me, so long as I get the promised promotional materials
from the tour, it will have been worth it. And, if the shows they're
working on securing for me in December do come through at very good rates
per show, I'll be ahead from all this. People who want to complain that
they put alot into this thing and it didn't work out should understand
that WOA spent a lot of money too and probably a ton more than you as an
individual. Promotional tours tend to be money losers. They're designed
for future gains. If you don't see a future with the company and make war
with them it's a total loss and that leaves people bitter. I did what I
could to help things work for everyone while I was there. To whoever is
hiding behind someone else's identity and writing absurd things about me,
I still love you.

Much Love to yous reading this as well and particularly to my fellow
artists on the tour. If any of you are ever coming through Atlanta, let me
know and I'll try to help you out with whatever you need.

Be Ever in Bliss,
Jesus Aaron

No comments: